The Stability of Nigeria Lies in Your Hands
The Nigerian Nation as well as other great nations of the world is faced with myriads of challenges which affects the daily lives, the welfare of the people and the improvement of the country.
The reality is that our nation needs to work hard with focus on security, education, economic production, employment generation and people’s welfare. We also need to focus on good governance and fair politics , the relationships among our diverse ethnic regions and religious groupings.
The nation relies excessively on rent derived from a single export product, (crude oil) for revenues and the consequences of this have been over-exposure to the vagaries of the world oil market, over which we have little or no control and it has led to an over-centralised power , concentrated economic resources, poor infrastructure , low investment, high unemployment , high level of poverty, high level of out-of-school children in Nigeria, poor governance, lack of due process, lack of proper coordination of government processes, a high level of corruption, and a high level of insecurity characterised by armed robbery, kidnapping, militancy and terrorism.
All these aforementioned definitely has negative effect on the nation beyond what is seen. These problems had reduced the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the nation.
Inspite of all these challenges, citizens are involved in nefarious acts/ actions, thoughts and deeds.
The illustration below are some examples of the badness of citizens in the Nation, how they affect and the need to make amends to nip it in the bud:
- A government worker who goes to the office once a week and shows up at the end of the month to receive salary but still makes the loudest noise about the ineffectiveness of the electees.
- A teacher / Lecturer who demands for sex from his female students and money from the male students to enable them pass their examinations instead of inculcating knowledge into them , still goes about bad mouthing the Nation.
- The Senator who pays his cook 30,000 naira monthly (minimum wage) whereas his kitchen allowance is in millions per month, and he still goes around complaining about how the past regime had destroyed the country.
- What about PHCN(Public Electricity), at the end of every month bills are sent to People to make payments not minding if there is power or not, even go as far as making it difficult for people to install the Prepaid...and still there are complaint from their end that Nigerians are insatiable.
- The market woman who removes bowls of rice from the bag, repackage it and sells as a 'full bag' and still complain about the wickedness in Nigeria.
- The Doctors in public and teaching hospitals on government payroll, abandons patients on the floor and even refers them to their private.लंowned hospitals, caring less about human life, complain that the Nigeria health sector is hopeless.
- The student who spends the whole semester partying, clubbing, gambling, only to start posting on social media that Nigeria is a dream killer that parents are not supportive.
- The car owner who can't join a simple queue but keeps darting in and out of traffic to shunt is complaining about disorderliness in Nigeria after taking one way
- The motor mechanic who shows you the problem in the car and comes back with the same old part removed after been paid to get a new preplacement is busy shouting that he has been cheated and that government is not helping him grow.
- An NGO owner whose paramount mission is to help the poor and needy, further enriches himself/herself with donations made for the poor and still complains that government is not supporting the cause
- A business personnel / trader who imports fake goods and made his customers believe otherwise, goes about complaining the the government is corrupt
As people, we can go on and on citing cases of situations like the ones we have here. The values we have for ourselves and Nigeria should be to help profer solutions rather than being the problem.
We must push sentiments away to encourage the stability of Nigeria , Improve our health sector, discourage illiteracy in all ramifications, discourage prostitution, reduce morbidity and mortality rate in Nigeria, etc. These problems amongst many more not cited here is not just for the government alone to solve.
Yes, good governance is the foundation on which solutions can be established but it is still the responsibility of every citizens of Nigeria to come together to identify these challenges,work on it and expect Nigeria to start yieding increase.
These steps, if taken, will help to produce effective and public-spirited leadership and certainly help us to live up to our economic potentials and evolve into a nation where citizens and every segment of the population feel proud, welcomed and committed to its long-term survival.
Therefore, balancing the imbalance situation in Nigeria today is a task that must be done and this is what The Patriotic People Of God Initiative (TPPOGI) has been dedicated to doing.
Wiith your help, kind support, partnership, sponsorship, financial donations, advice... We can all be proactive!!!